List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Arnassi race run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Video/audio quality is fine. No cheating obviously. It seems like the runner is using a gamepad, but that doesn't affect the gameplay in a bad way

He uses the fish and spirit forms (switching between them with the quick-switch keys) for the whole duration of the run. He also uses the Royal Soup, two in fact, which is an item that you can find throughout the game and that allows you to reach optimal speed. The run is very well done. I'd say 0:40 is possible without making any changes to his tactics. It could probably go lower if someone found a way to wall-jump efficiently at certain points in the track, but overall the run is fast and smooth. The time he spends in the menu and in spirit form has no impact on the final time.

Accept

Quote:
Yeah looks good and is probably even doable in the current version, although I haven't broken 50 seconds because I get stuck too often.  A second or two could be saved with tighter corners.  Not much to say for such a short run.  I'm not sure wall jumping would be that much faster since you're bound to mess it up along the way, so using fish form is probably the best choice.  Getting stuck in spirit form looks bad, but doesn't count against him, so I say accept.

Quote:
This can be easily improved by at least a full second. Given the length of this run, for me it's a good enough reason to reject it.

This is what I asked the verifier.

Quote:
I'm guessing it's stuff like being tighter around corners? I believe you, especially since you're running the game. I just need to know why it's improvable.

This was his response.

Quote:
That. Also you could use spirit form a bit earlier each time. While those two are sure improvements, here's another suggestion: switch between fish/beast - there are a couple of spots where wall boosting in beast form is faster than what he did.

Quote:
Ok, I've never verified before so I'm not 100% on what I'm supposed to do here.

I've watched the run and can verify that no game-breaking or tampering has been done.  Not even any glitches or exploits.  Also, I assume the time will be listed as the game shows it, since every time he uses his blue spirit form it is technically still running up the clock in the real world but in the game world that form stops time.

Decision: Reject

Reason: The run has one or two seconds worth of mistakes, which is a lot for such a short run.

BTW, if anyone is wondering why I went with the one person who rejected, let's just say he's a very well-respected runner.

The run is available upon request until September 3rd (PM me).
Thread title: