List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/AnotherWorld.html

Any% segmented run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A clear improvement over the segmented category run with some individual new highlights. The orb guard fight! OMG the stuff of legends! My other favourite part is the "fight" after the coliseum escape pod crashes into the swimming pools area. The runner's comments are very detailed now.

Oh yeah, as the runners points out, the game always teleports you up one floor after passing the dam. My mistake. Did you know that if you don't blow the reservoir wall, you can still make it across the flowing dam? I had been experimenting with that and was reminiscing on how you then are placed on the correct floor. I don't remember finding a way to trigger a checkpoint without going down into the caves so I'm sure that's no help in a speed run though, because there's no water in the pit later if you skipped the caves.

No cheating or AV problems detected.

Timing starts in the water tank where control is gained over the player character. My timing estimate is 1:43+0:42+2:08+0:34+1:13+1:17= 7:37, which is almost a minute less than the last submission. Way to go!

Quote:
Wow so apparently I completely forgot about this. Oops.

Yeah, what the above verifier said.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Alexis 'NHG' Gabaig!
Thread title:  
Shut up and go back to another earth
Ah, finally ! Thank you for you decision =p

about the "dam teleportation", I already noticed that. in fact Archanfel and I searched a way to create a checkpoint by this way. He even found a way to break the reservoir wall by falling into the empty hole and releasing a white laser (and dying in the same time). But unfortunately, the game doesn't create a new checkpoint after that so it's totally useless and, as far as we know, there isn't any checkpoint break in the game allowing to not break the reservoir wall by the cavern way. Too bad x)

Also, i recently succeed a single segment with the same route (except for tricks only possibles in segmented speedruns), chrono: 8:07, but I want to re-do it before submitting it here because I made some mistakes that I don't find acceptable =p
Oh and by the way, if I don't make a mistake, I can choose if I want to keep the old segmented speedrun in the SDA list or not. Well I don't want to, the old speedrun is useless compared to that one so if it's okay, erase it when you'll add this new one.

Thanks again and see you soon ! =p
Not a walrus
That's what happens anyway to runs in the same category when a better one comes along.