List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

SS run as Aline

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I am surprised that the game did not crash or freeze as rapidly skipping cut scenes and dialog can cause the game to lag to the point of crashing or freezing.  That being said, there is no reason not to approve this run.  Other than a few shortcuts that could have been used to save time, this is a very good run.  I enjoyed watching it.

Quote:
So, when I saw this was up for verification, I was pretty excited. I had been thinking about pulling this game out again for a while now, though after seeing the run I remembered why I hadn't yet.  The runner obviously knew what he/she was doing though, and I can't see any major improvements. However, let me list a few things that trouble me

-There are a bunch of white bars at the top edge of the video, which are annoying
-The screen flickers every few seconds, it's hard to notice unless you're looking for it but it's there
-There is a ton of squirrelly movement and things like running into walls, pillars, and enemies. Maybe I'm just spoiled by RE runs, but I don't think it should be that hard to run in a straight line down a hallway, and avoid turning towards a door until you're not going to run along the wall for 5-6 feet.
-Audio kind of skips when he is climbing up the vines at around the 23-24 minute mark
-Right before he gets bitten by a zombie, he opens the menu to use a single first aid kit so he doesn't die. A couple minutes later, he opens the menu and uses another. Using them all at once would have saved a bit of time, but the second time he had to open the menu anyway to use a key item so not much I suppose.
-As the runner said, they had a mishap when combining the photoelectric pulsar. This cost at least 10 seconds, not only by combining the wrong items but also by doing so slowly.
-There is a couple times where he fired an extra shot after already killing the enemy, and there was one part where he tried to kill a water enemy but missed twice and had to kill it the next time it came up.
-At around 1:08, he climbs on a rock and when the camera view switches the character model is invisible, but you can see the flashlight floating. Then he goes and triggers a cutscene, and when he turns around and runs back through this area the character is invisible again. I'll admit I've never gotten this far in Aline's story, and I don't know if its a glitch that happens every time or what. But it doesn't look like it affects anything gameplay-wise, I just thought I would mention it.

Final deicision: This is a difficult one. The runner obviously put some work into this run, but I'm not sure it was enough. He himself admits that sub-1:10 should be possible, which means that there are around 3 minutes of mistakes here. I'm positive that at least one of those minutes could come off fairly easily with some more general optimization and less mistakes such as going the wrong way and combining the wrong items. Combine that with some unprofessional looking general navigation and it's hard to accept the run, without even mentioning the video encoding errors. I want so badly to say yes, but I'm afraid I have to reject. Let the final verifier be a tiebreaker, if the run is up to SDA standards then by all means let it be on SDA. It just isn't up to my personal standards.

EDIT: I wrote this as I watched, so I take back that I can't see any major improvements: The combining mishap and going the wrong way in what the runner calls the 'World of Darkness" both cost more than a few seconds and can be easily eliminated from a future run.

Quote:
No cheating found.
Audio and video is good, besides those white stripes at the top. Those are a bit annoying/distracting.

The gameplay... I can't really blame you too much for the not too solid walking because I know that the movement is a little messy (If I remember correctly especially the turning was pretty quick so it can be a bit hard to walk straight). But from about 40 minutes and onwards it got worse. Got stuck more often (And longer), inventory mistakes, walking the wrong way, etc. And of course the photoelectric pulsar moment...
I agree with the second verifier about what he said and his final decision that I would like to accept it but it's just a little too messy. I hope you will work on a new run!

Rejected

Decision: Reject

Reason: This run is just too sloppy

This run will be available for a month. PM me for a link.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
cenyt: 2011-09-02 10:17:20 pm
Too bad.
I knew I messed up in the World of Darkness, but the Howard fight (which requires a lot of luck) went almost perfect, I discovered 2 glitches and it was SS, so I hoped it would be enough. I guess I'll work on an improvement run in near future.

@verifier 2: Yes, that glitch with Aline going invisible always happens, when speedrunning the game at this point.

Regarding the bumping into objects: some are definitly my fault, but as verifier 3 said, the controls are really messy in this game. No excuse - just reminding, that one can't pull a run on RE quality of this game.

Thanks for the feedback.
@cenyt
I would like to tell you that I am interested in a run of this game.