Alone in the Dark (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Alexis 'NHG' Gabaig!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Alone in the Dark (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/aitd/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by March 18, 2015.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
Soliduz Znake: 2015-03-04 03:30:40 am
A/V: good
cheating: none

that was a short run. I rewatched the glitch parts to try to understand what was going on even with the notes still can't wrap my head around it. no flaws in this except maybe getting hit on occasion or maybe that is being too harsh. this has to be an easy ACCEPT especially with these glitch skips. the lantern is OP in this game somehow, might as call this guy a Lantern.....Brown Lantern?!.....you know like Green Lantern. talk about that chicken-zombie getting bitch slapped at 1:22
I've never played or seen anyone play this game, but to me it looks like an Accept. Looks very well executed and I can't see any big mistakes.
Kewne: if you don't know any of the games you could verify, you might wanna pick one that's been available for the longest without enough verifications because those are usually in the most dire need of it.

I was part of planning this run and I think the file might be the wrong one. There's known improvements since then. I already contacted the runner.
For the record, this run was submitted in November.
Right, so that's my mistake, we do know of a faster route but the runner hasn't done that one yet. And he's probably not gonna in any short time so might as well publish this one for now.

Anyone reading this: we'll [I'll] make sure we've got a public thread and strategy guide out for this game pretty soon so ppl can take a look at our findings.
Actually, would it be possible to just convert a private thread into a public one? I'm sure none of us have anything against that...

Quote from NHG:
prododging some fireballs

^ I call this coinage to question. Otherwise the execution is perfectly fine!

accept
Professional Second Banana
A/V quality is excellent - game is just as creepy/unnerving as I remember from playing it in the 90's (well, except for the zombie chickens).  Movement/menuing/glitching all looks very well executed.

Watched a couple of the runner's older runs on Youtube - was interesting to see the evolution of the route as new item skips were discovered.

Vote to Accept.
I've played the game a lot in the childhood and also in the recent years with speedrunning/TAS route planning/testing in mind. I have verified that the route/glitches are real. There exists a slightly faster route, but it is hard to execute as the level layout gets a bit confusing, when the player gets Out Of Bounds. Good run. Looking forward to an improvement.

Accept.
Decision posted.
Shut up and go back to another earth
Thank you so much ^^

I'm glad you accepted it ! As LotBlind said we found some new improvements using OOb-trick but I wanted this one to be verified before trying to make a new one. I have a lot of work but I think I'll come back to the game soon.

Everyone loves the Chicken-zombie bitchslap ! Best moment of the run ever ! =p