Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DisneysAladdinSNES.html

SS Any % run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Gains Control at: 0:24
Loses Control at: 18:34 (Aladdin auto walks to the middle and you can't control anymore at this point)

Total Time: 18:10

I've been waiting to verify this run for a while, and unfortunately, due to the final time, this is an auto reject for me. I've gotten a 17:56-59ish run a while ago, and was actually going to keep going for around 17:30-17:40 to submit until I saw this run come up, so I decided to wait and see how fast this was before continuing attempts.

http://www.justin.tv/surreal_/b/313077645 part 1
http://www.justin.tv/surreal_/b/313077755 part 2

Disregard the dumb commentary. It got cut off cause it was at the 2 hour mark on my stream. Aaaanyways, I got my strats off a Japanese player named Yaposon, who has a 17:21 on nico (you need a nico account to view it):

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1294020757

There are a lot of new strats that Yaposon's run introduced to me, notably on the second Jafar fight, Genie stages, and Jafar's stage. I recommend watching Yaposon's run before mine so you can see how all the new strats would play out if done right, since my PB is just a sloppy attempt at imitating his. An ideal run would be about 17:15, but a run of around 17:40 or even 17:30 isn't that unreasonable, and would definitely be acceptable for SDA to me.

Decision: Reject

Reason: Though this is a decent time, a lot of time can be shaved off in various spots. Doesn't do all the optimal timesavers. See my comments above for details.

Now that I know this run's time, I'm personally gonna get back to doing some Aladdin attempts soon, and probably Exo as well (he was telling me he wanted to update the run as well during the time this run was put up to get verifiers). Hopefully I'll come soon with a 17:35 or better. To the one who submitted this run, I hope you watch Yaposon's video and make good use of it to improve your run.

Quote:
A/V: good

Time: 18:10.554

Sorry, but I am not going to go into detail on this run, the mistakes are obvious ones for the strats being used. But I will give my thoughts on the situation given from what verifier 1 said above me. I think the run should be accepted until a faster run is submitted. I do agree a run should not be submitted if some one has a properly recorded run that is faster, but as was said, it was done after this was submitted. So I believe this should still be considered as it is an improvement and nothing faster has yet to be submitted. But by all means, if the run in your links are recorded then get that sucker in here.

Quote:
A/V is good

Run time  18:10

It's a really hard decision, in fact after seeing the Yaposon run it seems like this run does not fit the standart of SDA, meanwhile, the previous run on SDA is 18:2X so... Two options, offered to me, and i'm sorry to say that but i'm gonna reject it. There is out there some people who recorded better times, so...

Quote:
A/V is fine, timing with the other verifiers is good enough for me.

Yeah, the errors in this run are pretty obvious.  It's faster than the previous time, and people tend to jump down verifiers' throats when they don't auto-accept an improvement, but I'm going to reject this as well.  I'm sure the runner could bust out something at least 20 seconds faster with a few more tries, since they are pretty much there as is.

Quote:
I have to agree with the other verifiers here. Even though this is an improvement, it's not a very big improvement over the current SDA run, and it looks like a lot of improvement could come just from using the better strats from the Yaposon run without much effort, especially since this is such a simple game to run.

I don't think a time has to match Yaposon's to be accepted on SDA, but at the same time I think the time should at least be around 17:45 or lower to consider submission with the currently known strats.

Decision: Reject

Reason: Although an improvement, this run needs more polish to be acceptable.

This run will be available for a month. After that this link will no longer work.
http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/aladdin-v.mp4
Thread title:  
Thanks for the feedback guys. I wish I had known about the Yaposon run back in March when I submitted the run to SDA.

Regardless its a fun game to run and I do it when I have a chance. I have recorded a 18:04 since this was submitted but like you all said there is clearly stuff I am not aware of.

No hard feelings! thumbsup
Don't know what to speedrun :(
Nice to see someone take a rejection in stride Hilko. I hope you can incorporate the new strats and get an accepted run in.

I'm in the middle of working on a run and I became aware of some Japanese RTA runners that have times over an hour faster than my previous estimated completion (their best is 6:15 vs my estimated 7:30). I was over half way through a segmented run and had to scrap the whole run and start over. I feel your pain :/