mikwuyma: 2011-02-14 06:31:40 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Tyler 'Zyre' Larsen's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I'll keep it short for once.

This run is good.
Can't really say for much more accept that jumping seems to be saving a few frames in comparisson to walking so maybe he could have done that a bit more. (I did not test this, it's all hear-say)

Video/Audio Quality is what you expect it to be from a NES game, so it's High def.

Don't see no cheating.
Few mistakes as mentioned by the runner.
And well...
Guess that's an accept then. Smiley

Quote:
audio and video and no cheating blah

oooh goofed up a tiny bit right in the first answer, oh no
yeah then there's the very obvious bump in autopia
hmm yeah maybe the underground part of pirates could be like 1 second faster? that's the only real criticism i have
zomg then another incredibly small hiccup at the last question!

accepted

Quote:
Adventure Magic Kingdom Verfication respond

Hello Mike.
Adventure Magic kingdom run was extremely tight. Only single mistake i see was in  car race when he get hit with wall, its cost only couple shy seconds. Run was well planned and executed. Its only couple seconds slower than TAS.
Thats cool see one more quite rare NES game in SDA.

ACCEPT

For sure

Decision: Accept

Reason: The run might not be like TAS, but it's only a couple of seconds slower. Wink
Thread title:  
Fucking Weeaboo
Hey, I know this time last year was a wonderful vacation for ya, but uh...you're not on vacation Mike.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Congrats Zyre! Now someone needs to do a run of The Adventures of Gilligan's Island and my childhood nightmares will be beaten once and for all.
Master-88
Congrats your run Zyre.

I was verifer number 3 and thats cool see your run was accepted.:D
The Speedrunning Teacher
(I know this is 2 weeks after the verdict, but hey...)

Thanks for the congrats guys.  This was a fun game to run.  I do have one question though: Would the timing start from the moment I press start on the title screen, or when I actually take control of the character (after the name input)?
Waiting hurts my soul...
based on other games, it'd be when you gain control of your character.
The Speedrunning Teacher
Quote from ZenicReverie:
based on other games, it'd be when you gain control of your character.

Cool.  When I was timing it before, I was going from when I pressed start on the title screen.  So this is good to know when this gets encoded.
Congratulations! I haven't been checking the forums as often as I should. Otherwise, I would have commented in this thread earlier. I've played this game a ton. Awesome run. Cheesy